What a way to come back to this blog after months, but I really need an outlet. My flatmates are driving me mad. I know it's a Friday night and all, and they have a right to a social life, but do they have to be so !*$£"@! inconsiderate. They arrived back about 2.30am, with a bunch of other people, I'm guessing (from the voices) at least 3 or 4 of them. And now it's 3:40, they're playing music, chattering away loudly enough to ensure I have no hope of sleep, cooking (which is making me feel hungry!) and sitting in the lounge. Where I left not one, but two on the go knitting projects, including one I've been working on for months and that the stitches slide easily from the needles. I am now very paranoid that when I get a chance to see it, half the stitches will have pulled out and unravelled, it'll be scrunched or dumped uncaringly by the drunkards in a corner and it'll have greasy crap spilt over it (my delicate cream coloured laceweight silk/mohair). If I had known they'd be entertaining all night long, I would have packed away the knitting safely. And my wheel's there with a gently attached piece of half spun batt, and a predrafted, lightly balled batt next to it. I wonder what state that's going to be in.
Can you tell that I'm pissed off and frustrated. And I'm so tired. Physically tired from a busy week - slept for 2 hours this evening, which I never normally can do. And tired of my flatmates and their sucky attitude towards me, for example, shutting the kitchen door when I get home and walk past on the way to my room. And their general lack of respect for my things. But on the positive side, it's only about 5 weeks before we move out and go our own ways. Roll on that day!
And yes, I realise that I'm being a little immature and paranoid here and part of that's because it's nearly 4 in the morning, and I'm awake against my will. But I still want to scream... oh yeah, and now I need to go to the toilet and it's far to awkward to leave my room... let's hope they get tired soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment