I started this blog during my final year at medical school. I've now started work as a junior doctor, and this is my area to blow off steam, and to share my other passions in life, especially those revolving around all things fibre!
Friday, 3 August 2012
Baby knitting
A while ago, a friend asked me to knit her pregnant daughter some baby cardis. I've now finished this little pile, and not a moment too soon as the baby in question is now a couple of weeks old. I also made a special surprise - a big delicate lace shawl as a very special thank you to a very dear friend. I'm seeing her tomorrow, and I can't wait to see her reaction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

If/when you have your own babies, you are going to have literally more knitwear than one baby could possibly ever wear. :) :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the shawl, I think you are going to make her cry. :)
Yeah, my poor babies will be utterly bedecked in hand knits! But the good thing is that they'll never know any different, so they'll just think it's normal. ;)
ReplyDeleteKate did love the shawl, so utterly worth it. She was going to leave it unwrapped until she visits her daughter and the baby in question in a few days, but I insisted that I wanted to see her reaction first hand. She looked for a second that she may have been welling up.