It's now been about a week since I last posted, and how much can happen in a week, so of which has needed a bit of time for me to be able to talk about easily (ish).
The week started lovely with another trip to Cirencester to meet up with Lorri for dinner. We went to a wonderful Indian restuarant, and had a lovely time. And Lorri treated me as an early birthday pressie, since we aren't sure if she's likely to see me nearer the time.
Tuesday was a quiet night in, when I finally got round to finishing Ru's wristwarmers, (well, I say finish, I haven't quite got round to sewing in the tails). It was a huge relief, really happy with the way they look, but am very glad to be moving onto something new, and more colourful. Which I did, I started my latest project, a little vest for Morgan.
Then Wednesday came... My heart starts beating faster everytime I even think about what happened on that day. How much it changed everything. All the negative emotions that well up in me. I was going on a hospice visit, out in the back of beyond, and on a windy, confusing, unfamiliar country lane, I crashed my car. I did not realise that the road wasn't a straight road, but was actually a t-junction until too late. I slammed on the brakes, and for the briefest time, I thought to myself, it's going to be close, I'm going to stop, I'll be shaken, but everything will be okay. But then... I don't think I even realised until I was sitting in my car, smoke filling the air and the airbag deflating in front of me, that I couldn't avoid it. The road was wet and slippery, and it was a slight downhill. I had crashed into another car. Everyone is mostly okay. The other lady seemed to have a seatbelt injury, and my passenger hurt her ankle somehow. And me, I have a small graze on my knee, and a bruise from the seatbelt (I assume) and have for the last few days, some muscular pain across my chest. My beloved Ernie is much worse for wear, and everyone who has seen him said they thought he'd be a write off, but I'm still waiting to hear from the insurance company with regards to this. Everyone has been calm, patient and effecient. All the emergancy services that attended the scene were fantastic and helpful. I was so shocked and just a tad hysterical and mostly useless, so I am very grateful indeed for all the help I recieved. And I'm very grateful for all my fantastic friends, both near and far who have been supportive and been there for me, reassuring, caring and wonderful. There's just so much I could say about the day, and go into so much more detail, but it's hard, and I don't really have the energy to deal with it, and I don't think I particularly need to. So that's all I'm going to say about the incident.
And for now, that's all I'm going to say about the week. There's so much more that's happened since, so I'll tackle that tomorrow :)
Love you Ash x (hugs) Sam
ReplyDeleteThanks Sam, *hugs* right back. I couldn't even think about carrying on the saga that was last week with what's going on with Sarah and RoRo :(
ReplyDeleteI started my new job at the hospital on the same day there were admitted, so I've been visiting as often as I can! Things seem to be improving. I'm sorry you're having a rotten time of it too, seems to be going round lately xx
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you've been there to offer your support, I've really been feeling it that I can't be there for them. Sarah has been keeping me up to date with things via text, but it's not the same as being there. Give them a big hug for me:) Hope the job is going well.
ReplyDeleteOh sweetheart, bless you, we really ought not have horrible bad weeks any more - that is quite enough! Did you hear about the car/insurance yet?
ReplyDeleteBlog has pictures of Rowan's hand (not at its worst in any of them, but you can see a bit how it was). She's certainly mending now. Though getting her to swallow the meds isn't fun, she is STRONG!