Monday, 13 September 2010

Oh Bristol, how I've missed you.

Bristol was everything I was hoping for, my solace and my calm.  How is it that a place, a simple city can just inject me with life and make me feel so... so... so. . . renewed.   How I've missed it.  And the people and the shops and all those other familiar things that I hold so dear about it.  As soon as I started seeing some of the old familiar places on the train, I couldn't hide my grin.  It's reminded me like never before, I will most likely end up in Bristol, I gravitate towards that place and no where else makes me feel so at home and so complete.

And what did I do in Bristol?  I saw Mary, but unfortunately no one else, since people were working or away.   And I went shopping.  Lots of shopping... dangerous shopping.  Mostly things I've been putting off for a while, like some new clothes for work.  And then some purely special treats.  Like a new camera, an idea that I've been toying with for about a year.  And something truely indulgent, to symbolise my achievements.  I wanted something special and enduring.  And hey, just because I don't have someone in my life to buy it for me, why can't I buy my own little bit of very special jewellry:
I love my little bit of bling.  Perhaps a bit silly and dreadfully materialistic of me to be buying diamonds and saphires, but I don't care.  I love it, and it really is a special symbol of what I've acheived to get here and how long and hard I've been working to get to this point in my life. (the truely indulgent part is when I go back next month or whenever I get round to it and buy the matching earings!!)

But most imporantly, this weekend was all about relaxing and unwinding after a really hectic two weeks, and I've certainly managed to do that.

1 comment:

  1. Nice choice my dear - it is a beautiful treat and a precious reminder of how hard won this new life is. May it carry you through all of the hard work between you and your life in Bristol. I have no doubt that you will make it happen. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete