Monday, 15 March 2010

Bristol Busyness (post of the day 2)

See, I'm making up for lost time, in (hopefully) easily digestable chunks.

Return to my beloved Bristol.  I just love this city, but my low mood of late has made me resent my living arrangements just a tad.  I'm fine living alone, most of the time.  I actually quite like it at times.  No one to compromise around.  Just me!  (how selfish!!)  But being blue as of late, I've found myself feeling particularly lonely and noticably missing having someone there to help me through with hugs, and chats and face to face support.  But Derby helped.  So I came back relatively refreshed.  Glad to be back in my own little space.

Not glad to be facing the prospect of my audit report with a pounding headache.  So my addiction got the better of me

Working on a birthday cardigan for Rowan instead.  For a little while at least.  Felt really awful with the headache so mainly vegged in front of the telly.  Why do headache strike at such unhelpful times?

So the audit was left for Thursday, and somehow, not sure how exactly, I managed to come up with over 3800 reasonable coherent words, over 3300 of which came on Thursday.  I'm not sure if it was my best work ever, but all things considered, I'm just glad to get it out the way.  It was such an uphill struggle to get myself motivated and working.  Just ask Sarah who was gently nudging me on via Ravelry mail, eventually resorting to threatening to hide my new shiney beautiful undyed yarn that we've been stock piling for a bumper Easter dyeing session.  Thanks for your support and encouragement Sarah :)

Had some lectures on Friday afternoon.  And registering with the GMC (General Medical Council), which is the first step in getting that shiney piece of paper called a doctor's licence.  I would be more excited, but the afore mentioned touch of residual blues and the fact that I've done it all before kind of make it unexciting for me.  Last year, it was an exhilaratingly scary event.  This year, it was just filling out a form.  Boring!

And then I was supposed to meet up with Charlotte and Farah, my Cheltenham flatmates, for coffee.  But Charlotte's computer was giving her hassle, so it was just me and Farah.  It was gone five, and we looked at each other and decided we weren't in the mood for coffee, how about a drink!  Lol!  Oh dear!  Coffee turned into (between the two of us) a bottle of wine, two cocktails and a glass of champagne. It was so much fun.  Usually have to really be in the mood to go out drinking like this.  And apparently I was in the mood.  I had sooooooooooooooo much fun, giggling chatting laughing and to be honest, feeling rather drunk, never mind tipsy!  I get tipsy far more often that I get properly drunk.  I love this feeling!  (Sometimes.  I generally don't like NOT being in control, and it's a fine line that can be inadvertantly crossed).  I think that it was just what I needed after the calm of Derby which worked wonders, this worked wonders in a different way, almost like filling in the gaps.  And also a good unwinder after the stress of the rushed audit.  Laughing so hard, and talking about the dreams and hopes of the future as working doctors.  We even decided to go on for dinner, needed something to counter the liquid diet!  A very tasty trip to Wagamama's, once of my fave restaurants.  And then since Farah had other plans (remember, it was meant to only be a coffee at five, and it was nearly nine!) we parted ways and I went home for a night in front of the telly.

Saturday, girly shopping with Mary in town.  Treated myself to some new Benefit eye make up (we sat at the House of Fraser counter and got make overs).  It's very sutle and comes with it's own brushes and some concealer, which is great.  I've really been noticing dark circles in the last few months.  Dare I say it, I think it may be a sign of old age!!  And then Mary came back to mine for some G&Ts and tasty takeaway from my fave ever Indian.  We spent ages searching the Ravelry patterns and have found a pattern for a sweater for Mary.  She's been looking around in shops, but not found anything.  So now very excited to be combining our efforts for a one of a kind.  We're going yarn shopping at Get Knitted next weekend.  So pumped.  It will be my first adult sized garment (beyond hats and scarfs) so I'm a little apprehensive about getting bored and it taking ages.  But Mary's tiny, so it's just like a big kid size, and it's chunky (one of my requirements! so it knits up faster).  It will be my next big project after Rowan's birthday cardigan, which is a very boring garter stitch but an utterly fascinating construction.  The fronts and sleeves are knitting in one piece, then joined on a circular needle (normal straight needle would never be long enough) to knit the back half of the sleeves and the back in on long row.  It's currently looking like this:
It looks so bizarre, and the rows are taking forever to knit, especially as the sleeves are extra long, so that they can have a folded up suff.  You can kind of get an idea of the finished item when it's folded into shape a bit more:

And Sunday - lazy day in, knitting, and relaxing after all the busy chaos.  And that's all I'm going to bore you lot with for now.  Love to you all, especially those who've made my life more barable in recent weeks.  And well done if you've managed to get the end of this post as well as the other one from today!  I'm sorry, waffling stuff! 

1 comment:

  1. OOh the jumper is lovely! So glad you're feeling better and have not only handed the work in but also got back your spark. :) (hugs and kisses from Derby!)

    ReplyDelete