Saturday, 31 July 2010

The future of this blog...

Someone asked me recently what was going to happen with this blog of mine.  And to answer truthfully, I haven't decided yet.  I really enjoyed recording and sharing my life over the last year(ish), so I'd like to continue that.  However, when I'm working 50 hour weeks (despite those silly EU directives) will I have the energy?  The answer is most likely to be no, and most certainly not with the frequency that I have been doing so (last month aside!).  And the other issue is the fact that much of what happens in those 50hours will be things I can't discuss because of confidentiality, regardless of how much I need or want to vent, I just won't be able to without it becoming a slippery slope of saying too much.  And then, those few hours I have outside of work, I'm sure I'll be enjoying them, and living life, but they might not necessarily give an accurate portrayal of me and who I am, being so leisure heavy.  I loved sharing my crafting, but I am more than just that.  And I don't want to do a blog that's about just one aspect of my life, because that was never the purpose of me doing thi.

And then there's the simple aspect of the title of this blog.  No longer a medical student.  So at the very least it's inaccurate, and part of me wonders if I should make a clean break and just start a new one for this new chapter of my life.  Or maybe just change the title of this blog, and continue the book of my life,

I suppose ultimately whatever happens will happen organically.  There's just not much point in trying to plan it too meticulously.  Suffice it to say that life is so very exciting at the moment, and I'm in a very positive place and there's so much to say.  I feel very alive, and the stress and heart break of this past year has been worth it.  And now I have a beautiful, and sometimes bittersweet, reminder of it all in the form of the posts that have accumulated.

So I open it up to anyone out there who cares to share their opinions. 

2 comments:

  1. Change the name, and share what you feel like when you feel like it! It doesn't need to represent the whole of you, or everything you are interested in, or even the highlights - it can just be your space to use how you like. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree, change the name to something that reflects you and what you want to blog about. It doesn't have to be a focus on one thing, just whatever you feel like sharing.

    Blog as often as you like, it doesn't matter how often that is if you're busy. It's your space to share whatever you want to share. Hope you do continue, would love to hear how you're getting on ...

    take care x

    ReplyDelete