Yup, it's been a wee while since I posted. This was due to two reasons, nope, three reasons. First. I was enjoying life with no exams, no stresses and nothing to pour effort into. I wondered round aimlessly, did lots of knitting, making stuff for a friend I just found out was pregnant. And my first ever commissioned piece - a blanket in red, yellow and orange. I was just enjoying me time, and not having stresses and just being.
Secondly, I did some shifts at work. I've more or less gone through my insurance money. It was good in that it gave me a chance to not work whilst I was getting ready for finals, and this was important. It just meant that I had halved the income coming in, so it's now more or less gone. So need some money for stuff over the summer, like paying a couple of bills, paying for storage, paying for yarn to play with (yay, planning on doing some more dyeing! and spinning and well... all that stuff), paying for some new work clothes, and yup, basically need some money coming in so I can survive until that first pay cheque.
And third reason was I had visitors! Emma, Chris and Connor trekked down to Bristol on the train. And I had a wonderful excuse to show off Bristol. My camera was unfortunately out of battery and I can't for the life of me think of where the charger was! So limited photos because like the dope I am, I forgot that I actually have a camera on my phone! So there are only a couple of pics:
Connor was fascinated by the washing machine, and spent ages chatting to it was it whired and spun and did it's thing. It's scary how big this gorgeous little boy has got. My flat probably wasn't quite as baby-proof as needed for this very mobile fella!
We went to see the suspension bridge and wondered round Clifton, wondered round the shops on Gloucester Road (how I'm going to miss this road!), and even got round to trekking to Weston on the bus to go to the beach, which was wonderful. Connor found it an exciting place to be and apparently sand is quite tasty! We had lots of meals outside, and trips to the parks. It was lovely. And we were truely blessed with fantastic weather, right up until we went to catch the bus to get them to their train home, when the skys opened and poured. This, along with diversions through the city, meant that the traffic was crazy and we ended up not quite making it, despite having given ourselves extra time. What was more frustrating was that it was by seconds, Chris literally was able to touch the train, and push the door open button, but we were too late. But they did manage to get another one half an hour later, and got home safely. Thanks for a lovely few days guys!
And now, it's back to work for a few more days, and then the Clarks visit and then packing. It's going to be a crazy couple of weeks, but at least I'll be busy!



No comments:
Post a Comment