Thursday, 13 May 2010

Last day in Weston

So, two posts, but I'm mainly doing this because the two represent very different thoughts and feelings.  This is the more positive, less moany (I will resist!) one.  And it comes with pictures!  This is about reminding me to smile, breathe, and not completely ignore the world outside my little exam/revision bubble.  It is my last proper day in Weston, and so, during a moment of frustration, boredom and restlessness, I went for a nice walk.  I headed to the beach, as I realised that I haven't been down there at all this year, even though it's not much further than the same old places I keep hitting!  But enough with the words.


You can just about make out the pheasant, that randomly flew across the road in front of me and into these bushes at the bottom of The Hill.

Apparently where ducks (and old phoneboxes) like to hang out.
Gratuitous shots of the very cute fluff balls swimming and playing and diving in the canal.  Including this brave little independent one, venturing off by his(?)self
Then down to the beach, and a chance to people watch, get blown about, kick off my flipflops and be reminded of past beach trips, to better, and more exotic beaches, which brought back happy, warm, sunny, special memories.
These pictures are actually making it look nicer than it was, it wasn't nearly as warm and sunny as it appears to be, and it was very windy, hence the gliding sea gulls in the last picture.
At first glance, it seems so lifeless and bleak, but if you look closely, there's signs of life everywhere.  And of course, humour (this next picture makes me giggle, and in case it's not clear it says "Danger, sinking mud") and beauty (the second picture of a post weathered and aged) and then there's people being just too darn active for my liking!

And finally, on the walk back, I was overwhelmed by such a beautiful sweet scent, coming from these flowers, which I just had to take a photo (or two) of.  They had the most heady smell, and were really pretty, lush and unusual.  I loved the dark purplish foliage.

Yes, apparently there is a life beyond this little prison of books, patients, hospitals, exams and revision.  And it's quite lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment