Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Day five - finally some positive feedback

I took an extended weekend.  My original plan of coming back to Weston on Sunday morning, turned into Sunday afternoon, then Monday morning... Eventually got back at about 9pm Monday (oops!), so needless to say, didn't really do that much clerking.  But I did have a really enjoyable, relaxing, catching up, crafting weekend.  I saw friends, went to the cinema (Cemetery Junction, not bad), ate out (admittedly just at McDonald's with Harry), and did lots of spinning (literally till my fingers were sore!) and did loads of knitting, for a mystery project ;) (Those on Ravelry will be able to find out, I'm just aiming for the intended not to be on Ravelry, so that's okay!).  All in all, not the most productive revision weekend, but wonderfully relaxing and I managed to catch up on lots of sleep, which is never a bad thing.

This morning, determined to make up for lost time, I got a short list of patients deemed good for clerking by one of the junior doctors, and went to track them down.  Typically, none of them were around and then one of the other medical students called dibs when one of them appeared.  (Forgive me non-medics, we're not as heartless as that may make us sound!) After a while it got too late for me to have time to do the other patient, so I gave up and decided to go on a walk to get milk and check up on the bluebells, since it was lovely and sunny.


I think it has finally reached its peak.  And it's truely gorgeous.  There were several other people out there with their cameras (making me feel quite ashamed of mine, theirs were all newer and shinier and had nice big screens, oh envy is evil, but I still want!!), and how I do wish I was better at photography, it's just such a wonderous subject to play around with.

Following some book work this afternoon, I heading in again to attempt to find available patients, when I bumped into the SHO who was on the team I shadowed back in March.  He had done a practise long case with me then, and said he would do another and check on my progress.  And by chance, he was free.  He was very positive about my progress and said he definitely thought I'd pass if I perform like that on exam day, so I was very relieved.  He actually had very few negative things to say and was very complimentary.  I know he's not a consultant and he's never marked exams before, but he took the time (twice) to watch me and provide me with feedback, so I am very grateful and I'm sure he can't be too unrealistic about it all, especially as he still remembers his exams and what it was like.  So, that was my good news. Yay!  Now to keep it up...

No comments:

Post a Comment