Friday, 14 May 2010

D-Day (part 2)

And that's it.  All the heart ache and stress, and now... nothingness.  I feel so exhausted by the rollercoaster that has been the last few days, especially after an absolutely rubbish night's sleep, where I kept on waking up drenched in sweat (Yeah, I know, eeeeewww!). 

So how did it go...?  I wish I knew how to answer that.  One the whole, I don't think it was too bad, but when I sit and analyse it, there's so many shoulda, woulda, coulda aspects to it.  Will these add up?  Oh man, this waiting is awful.  I believe that I came across as relatively confident.  I don't feel like I was overwhelmed with the nerves, although, I did bumble at times.  The patient was lovely, sweet and completely coherent, which is always useful.  I had time to spare, and they asked me lots of questions, which I believe I answered honestly and hopefully adequately.  I just have to wait now... and boy I wish I didn't.

I have decided that I will return to Derby today for a while.  I need the company and support.  Being alone all the time, here in Bristol is not going to do wonders for me. Yup, at the grand old age of 26, I want my mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Ah there are times in life when every bit of you just shouts, "I want to go home" even long past the time when "home" in that sense really exists. I hope, in being with your family, you find the comfort you need and the refreshment and renewed inspiration to keep working hard.

    I still have everything crossed for you. I KNOW you are amazing, I wish I could come find your examiners and tell them that! I hope your exams allow your spark to shine out, and that they are able to recognise the true extent your skill and passion. xxx

    ReplyDelete