Yeah, I know, it sounds like I'm rather obsessed with this knitting malarky! I'm glad you're getting the idea! I got some really cute little buttons and the cardie is finished:
So, as one thing finishes, the need for another project arises! Yay! I had a bit of a root around my bulging craft box whilst I was trying to tidy up a little and decided I should actually use up some of the random balls of wool that I have. A couple of months ago, I made some strippy gloves for some little hands, and wanted to give them a chance to choose their own colours, so I brought several 50g balls, and didn't use them all, and obviously the colours that I did use didn't get used up. So I have decided that my next projects should be an attempt to use some of these up, rather than wasting it, AND spending more money buying more wool. As much as I love wondering round the wool shops and wool departments, it's an expensive hobby - it seems that my tastes are becoming more refined and experimental! And the variety is a bit overwhelming as I want it all! Hehehe! My next project is.... a green strippy sweater for my (well, "my") baby boy, Connor. It feels like ages since I last made him something. It's a really cute pattern, very simple with a twist. The pattern is from the same book that Rowan's second cardigan was in, I want to do most of the patterns in here!
And on to the rest of my day. I rushed in for my first thing in the morning teaching, even though it was such a hassle, and I was seriously sleep deprived after last night. It was a struggle! And the fricking consultant hadn't written it in his diary so didn't have time to do it! Grrr! So annoying. So I went button shopping instead. And also went and got my swine flu jab. Really don't want to get ill this winter, so a little discomfort now is infinitely preferable, whatever happens this winter with regards to the swine flu "epidemic". My arm is a little uncomfortable right now, but not too bad. Hopefully that'll be as bad as it gets. A couple of my friends have felt a bit lousy the next day, so fingers crossed that I get to avoid that!
Well, that's about it for today. Gonna make the effort to have an earlier night tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment