I've been fairly naughty today. It's not that I feel a-motivated or couldn't be bothered. Just haven't been busy. Looking back, just going into hospital for one lecture is an utter wasted day. I kept on meaning to clerk, but put it off and put it off. And I got a return ticket for the bus today, as the weather was awful on the way in, thought that it would be awful during the walk back, so I didn't think I'd want to do it.
Brought some more crafting stuff today, in preparation for making tree decorations. Still have limited ideas of what I'm going to do, but I'm getting excited. Will definitely not buy anymore stuff, at least not until I've given it a go and seen how it's gone. Watch this space for if I ever get round to it.
I'm hoping to finish RoRo's cardigan tomorrow, I have a few rows of the second sleeve left and then it's just sewing it all together and doing the banding (i.e. the two bands that run up the front where the buttons and button holes will be). I've enjoyed it on the whole, but am beginning to fatigue of it. Glad to be almost done so I can move onto something new. This is why when people ask if I have plans to make something for myself, I generally say no. I know I'd get bored of it, and run out of steam and put it down and forget to pick it up again. Baby/child size stuff is great, I generally finish it in about a week, working on it full time, it's slightly longer now that I'm back at uni.
I have about three or four things that I have all the wool for and I know I want to do. Just don't know which one I'll pick next. Then there's a myriad of other little projects that I want to do at some point... not sure if I'll ever get round to it. No danger of running out of projects anytime soon! This is great when you live alone like I do. Ways to keep occupied rather than staring blankly at rubbish on tv is very good.
I should be going to a cat show at the weekend. My friend Mary is cat-obsessed and has always wanted to go. I'm fairly indifferent to the idea, but am excited to have something to look forward to, especially spending a day with my friends. It's in Birmingham, and I'm the designated driver person as Mary doesn't keep a car in Bristol. Not sure if I could be bothered with the drive, but I know it'll be a lovely day and that this will make up for it.
Anyhows, gonna get back to the knitting. Been working on this for about three weeks, it's time to finish!
No comments:
Post a Comment