Sunday, 29 November 2009

This is what weekends are for

Ahhh, I just love Sundays, ones that I don't have to work that is!  And today was the perfect example of that.  Nice lazy lie in, then laze in bed until I started to feel guilty about being such a sloth!  My landlord and his wife popped in, so I had a bit of a catch up with them, they've just got back from a holiday in Dubai, visiting their daughter.  And now they're getting ready to go on a month long cruise.  Ahhh, nice to see where my rent cheque is going!  They're such sweeties and I do so enjoy chatting with them!

Today was another one of those can't be bothered to do much on account of the crappy, crappy weather.  So slouched around the house for most of the morning and afternoon.  I finished Connor's sweater, so kindly modelled by my teddy bear!






Then had a little tidy up and whilst giving the polystyrene yet another coat of paint, I started thinking about how Mary sounded quite enthused about my homemade attempts at Christmas decorations.  So I thought I'd invite her round for mulled wine (I love this aspect of winter nights, a nice warm cup of mulled wine to snuggle up with), takeaway and decoration making.  I got the flat looking fairly tidy and got everything ready on my table to make the decorations.




We managed to drink copious amounts of wine (and I for one certainly felt a little tipsy!) and had a lovely Indian takeaway from this great little vegetarian deli just down the road.  Then we never really got round to making stuff.  We watched a bit of telly, and chatted a bit.  And then made snowflakes.  We were mainly experimenting with different patterns, but I think I will have to think of some way to use them.  I think that most of them will be too big to look proportional on the tree, but I'm pretty happy with the results.  May try get some nice coloured paper and adapt some of the designs for the tree.

 

And that was about it.  Lovely, relaxed, weekend day.  And now it's time to get ready for the new week.  Back to the boring routine!  And on that note, need to get on with washing hair and getting ready for the week.  Night night, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice snowflakes! And Connor's jumper is so sweet, another lovely job. :)

    ReplyDelete