I have all but finished Rowan's cardigan, just need to get some buttons for it. But besides that, here is how to make a cardigan:
Step 1: Make a back, a left front and a right front and two sleeves:
Step two: Sew shoulder seams
Step three: Knit plain rib band, place button markers
Step four: Knit buttonhole band
Step five: Sew in sleeves
Step six: Sew sleeve and side seams
Step seven: Sew on buttons
Well, maybe there should be another step, step 6a) buy buttons. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. It is really huge though, think it may fit Morgan, never mind Rowan... but don't worry, I'm already working on that. Step eight: begin next project, more size appropriate cardigan. The next one is a really pretty pattern and a bit more delicate than the aran. And I'm thinking of experimenting with a two colour idea. Bit cautious about this, especially as I'm using this gorgeous wool, which is a mixture of bamboo and wool. It's gorgeously soft, and is a lovely colour. If I mess it up though... it would be such a waste and a huge shame. So, fingers crossed. It's knitting up pretty quickly, so hopefully results won't be too far in the offing.
No comments:
Post a Comment