This is what I really love about living where I do, the independent retailer is still going strong, well, relatively. The personal touch can't be beaten. She doesn't really have the best range of some stuff, like the more luxurious types of yarns, but she's good for advice and is so happy to chat through things. And she's really good value for money too.
I'm also making good progress on my next little cardigan. I have finished the back, fronts and one sleeve. I know what you must be thinking, that's fast. But this pattern has a big yoke, so the afore mentioned items are shorter. Also, they are in plain stocking stitch, rather than a fancy aran pattern, so knit up very quickly indeed. Here are the pieces layed out for "blocking" - something I've only recently started doing, it's supposed to give a better finish to the items. So I though, nice wool, nice pattern, lots of effort - may as well go the whole way and put in all the effort.
Off to the cat show tomorrow, so won't get much knitting done, but hopefully will return with photos of something besides knitting!
No comments:
Post a Comment