Sunday, 29 November 2009

Just a quickie tonight thanks, I have a headache

Today was pretty uneventful, at least in terms of stuff that may be of vague interest to the rest of the world.  I had a lovely lie in, then finished off the last sleeve of Connor's sweater and made a start of the neck borders.  Then it was off to work.  I've been a bit lazy about work recently, haven't worked for about a month, since before term started.  I did have a shift booked, but I was ill, so couldn't go.  Mainly just been struggling to get shifts.  So with a heavy heart I headed off to work.  Usually when I haven't worked for a while, I hate going back, but it's never as bad as I think.  Today, whilst not enthused or excited, I felt fairly indifferent.  And, well, it was awful.  I was working on the oncology ward.  But it wasn't the patient's and the big C-word that got me down.  It was the fact that I was the only NA working and the ward was all but at it's 32 patient capacity.  The nurses weren't horrible or anything, they were just totally unsupportive and kept on piling on the jobs, and never offered to help me.  I just spent the whole shift feeling like I wasn't getting on top of anything.  And then I end up getting grumpy and then that's not really fair on the patients and I end up feeling really guilty for being such a miserable sod! 

And that was about it for today.  Came home, had some dinner, watched some telly, finished the neck borders on the sweater and then started writing this blog.  Feel absolutely exhausted and I have a stiff neck and a bit of a headache.  So I think it maybe time to head to bed, and sew the sweater together tomorrow and make some more progress on the Christmas decorations.  Sleep tight everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment