Tuesday, 1 December 2009

Mmmm, Mondays

Some days are barely worth documenting for prosperity!  And today was one of those.  Didn't end up going into uni, as my teaching was cancelled, and I didn't feel like going through the effort of trekking in for an hour just to clerk.  So, lazy me, and I do feel somewhat guilty about this, as I should be all about the clerking this year, and whilst, yes, it is early days, I can't just carry on saying that.  Before I know it, the year will be nearing the end and I will still be procrastinating!  I will definitely be going in tomorrow, I have teaching at 2pm, so tempted to go in earlier, clerk around 1-ish, go to teaching, them possibly clerk again after teaching, depending how long it goes on for.  Well, that's the plan at least, and it still allows me to have a relative lie-in - which is great, I'm really not much of a morning person!

So, what did I do today instead of going in?  Well, I did a bit of tidying this morning and then got thinking about what projects to knit next.  I've decided on a few things, which I mainly want to do as Christmas pressies, so I can't really talk about them, at least not yet!  I'm going to try and do lots of smaller things, which will be quick to knit, so I can get more pressies for more people made, and it will also hopefully be a good way to use up some of my wool stash.

Also, Mary picked out a hat pattern yesterday whilst she was here, so I went and got some wool for that.  Spent ages trying to decide what sort of wool to get.  The sort of wool that the pattern had used/recommended has been discontinued and the nearest equivilent was really expensive (about £7.50/ball, and I would have needed two balls!) and I wasn't entirely convinced the colour was what Mary wanted and it was really fuzzy, and I wasn't sure if this was the sort of thing Mary would like.  So after discussing it with the shop assistant, I settled on something else.  I'll let you know how it progesses.  Hope the wool works out ok.

I painted the silly polystyrene balls a few more coats.  I think I'm finally getting close to having nice solid, non-blotchy colour on them, then I can decorate them some more.

And finally, I thought about doing some reading to make up for not going in... never did quite get round to it.  Come to think of it, I really can't explain how I filled all the hours today.  This is not a good thing.  Must try and make tomorrow more productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment