Great news one and all! I have survived the day, sanity intact! And for the first time Ernie passed his MOT with flying colours, not even an advisory note in sight! I am relieved beyond words to not be forking out yet another small fortune to sort out yet another list of things found wrong at the MOT. Well, I say forking out, more like abusing the credit card and spend the next few months reliving the whole affair when the credit card statement arrived. And I suppose I should also remind myself that whilst I didn't have to pay anything at the time of the MOT, I did get the new back tyres a couple of days ago. Now if we can just survive until I start work, then this money thing will be less of an issue. Roll on August!
My day mainly entailed catching buses in the freezing rain. It was so cold this morning, after I had dropped Ernie off at the car doctors', I went to see Sam, and this meant getting into town. My cheeks were stinging with the icy rain falling on them, it was horrible. But I was very lucky that Sam was able to warm me up, good and toasty, with a lovely cuppa, food (steaming hot potato wedges - Sam makes the best potato wedges, she certainly has the knack! and choc cupcakes with lilac icing) and entertainment (in the form of Myst IV). Poor lass had to put up with my streaming nose, which the cold damp weather had set to full throttle. We also had loads fun hiding about three months worth of my toilet roll inners all around her flat for Kev to find. I hope we came up with suitably inventive and entertaining hiding spots for him!
And then it was back to the car docs to pick up the officially certified healthy Ernie. And after this I never really managed to warm up! I have been absolutely freezing all evening, much to my mother's great concern, who has been fussing over my chesty cough and my inability to warm up, and the fact that I feel absolutely exhausted, despite the best night sleep I've had in about a week and not the busiest day (but it's nice sometimes to be fussed over and feel looked after! Even if I am nearly 26). My feet have felt like icicles hanging on the end of my feet, despite socks and slippers and being tucked up under a fleece blanket folded over double. Brrr! I've kinda got the rest of me to stop shivering, but the feet are seeming to be a lost cause... oh well, hopefully, under two duvets and thick bed socks, come morning, things will have improved!
No comments:
Post a Comment