Oh dear, this Christmas is turning out to be a bit of a write off for me! I've just spent most of another day in bed, feeling a little sorry for myself whilst the rest of my family trasped off to my grandparents for yet more festive feasting. I'm feeling much better with regards to the gastro today, and although I have eaten a bit today, I've been taking things rather carefully as my gut is still not 100%. But instead, today's ailment was a cold. Yes for those keeping score, another cold, about three weeks since the last one! I'm beginning to think that there maybe something wrong with my immune system, but having said that, most people I've been around for the last few days have had a cold, including my poor mum who is exhausted with hers, so maybe it's hardly surprising that I've come down with something. And this one seems (touch wood) much milder than the last cold I had, even coming hot on the heels of a dodgy tum, so hopefully I will be able to recover quickly, especially as tomorrow we are supposed to be going round to some more family for yet another meal. It would be nice to make at least one of the Christmas weekend family gatherings!
I did managed to get myself out of bed by midafternoon, and I was determined not to go back as I really would like a proper night's sleep, something I didn't get round to having last night, mainly I think, due to having slept so much yesterday. So, fingers crossed on that account. This time out of bed was mainly spent watching mind numbing t.v. and Wallace and Gromit - soooo cute, I love that movie, those little bunny rabbits are so ruddy adorable! I have made a slow, half-hearted attempted at my next knitting project, but I'll update more when I've got beyond the current 7 rows! And now, off to bed for a good night sleep, hopefully!
No comments:
Post a Comment