Friday, 11 December 2009

Progress is being made

Not a completely wasted day for a change.  I forced myself into a really early bedtime last night, in bed just after 11, which is hours earlier than I've been managing.  Actually manage to get a good night sleep, better than the last week or so, but still not perfect.  I was awake fairly early this morning, but still didn't manage to get on the go till lunchtime.  I'm still getting nasty, sinusy headaches.  This morning I did a bunch of catching up on emails that I've been neglecting and trying to organise myself.  I headed into the hospital just after lunch, but I never got as far as the wards.  My head was just so fuzzy and not in concentrating mode.  I didn't think that I would make much sense over the course of an hour long clerking.  So I did some research that I've been meaning to do for the last week whilst I was off, and I got a new swipe card, something else that I've been meaning to do for a while.  I was a bit annoyed at myself for not having clerked, but I do feel that I was pro-active about other stuff, and this was a huge improvement on the last few days.  So, only a small "yay!".

I also got paid today.  Not much, as it was only one shift's worth, but enough to justify giving myself a treat, so I went shopping for my Christmas tree, and did grocery shopping, hopefully enough to see me through to Christmas holidays, and got some more wool (lalala!) for a special pressie for someone special.  And I stupidly decided to treat myself to a trip to the cinema.  Boy, did I regret this.  I picked Orson Welles and Me, and it was the closest I've ever come to walking out on the cinema.  I nipped to the loo and totally didn't feel like I was missing out!  I only stayed because I thought that since I spent the money, I should stick it out.  Mmmm.... Zac Efron may look pretty to some, but I really didn't rate his acting!  The story was slow and didn't really hold my attention.  Well, that'll teach me!

So, tomorrow's course of action - clerk!!!  (Mary has found me someone who she says is pretty good.)  Tutorial in the afternoon, then all things Christmasy in the evening - decorating my tree and my cake.  :)  Can't wait!  Glad to be finally getting round to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment