I spent most of the early hours of Christmas day in the bathroom with a lovely dose of D&V, so I unfortunately spent the vast majority of Christmas day in bed asleep. I went downstairs for about half an hour for pressie exchanging, and then briefly to talk to my ouma and oupa in South Africa on Skype. And that was about it. I would have felt dreadfully unsocial if it were not for the fact that I actually slept most of the day! And also didn't really want to give everyone else gastro as a delayed Christmas present. I do feel slightly guilty that I didn't really feel enthusiastic at present time, I really did love my gifts, just didn't really feel energetic enough at the time to express that!
Now that I have given them all away, I can put up some pics of the Christmas presents that I have spent the last month working on (oh, and Emma's birthday present).
Slippers made for Morgan (red) and Jenna (pink). They're made out of 100% wool, and Sarah has since felted them (which I was very impressed with, can't believe she found the time already!) thus they may look ginormous here, but they have shrunk alot. I will get photos of the finished items when I can.
The quwerky present I mentioned and showed a teaser of was this - a dodecohedran, a.k.a. a twelve pointed star, with each point a different colour. It was a great way to use up some of my odds and ends, and was very happily recieved by Emma on Connor's behalf, as were these socks, which should just about still fit:
Then carrying on the sock theme, I made Rowan a set of three colour co-ordinated but non-matching socks, which hopefully should fit:Then to use up some of the wool left over from Rowan's aran cardigan, I made Sarah some wrist warmers (awww, bless, potential for co-ordinating mummy and daughter!).
And finally, Emma's scarf. This I actually crocheted for a change. It was one of my favourite wools that I've used so far. It wasn't the softest of wools, but it is 100% pure wool that has been hand spun and hand dyed in such a beautiful colour set, with plenty of green. I love that it has such a natural feel to it (in fact spent a lot of time during making it picking out little bits of twig and straw) and the fact that it is truely a unique wool, with varying thickness and colours.
No comments:
Post a Comment