Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Being ill

I just feel blah.  I'm exhausted - despite getting a really good night sleep, I still couldn't drag myself out of bed for another hour and a half this morning, just kept on dozing off, waking up, dozing off.  And I ache.  I've been doping myself with plenty of cold relief tablets, but I still have real bad backache and a headache for most of the day.  I did manage to get myself in for my lecture today, but found it really hard to concentrate.  The actual typical cold symptoms of runny nose etc, haven't really been an issue, which is a relief, and the sore throat is resolving.  But I still just feel out of sorts.  I've been lying on my sofa, half-heartedly knitting, finishing my first Christmas pressie, and starting Mary's hat.  I have been drinking copious amount of tea - nothing new there, but I have been completely off dairy, so I've been using soya milk, which has been a life saver!  But really strange for me, I don't mind soya milk, just usually stick to the traditional!  And a thing which is completely a break from the norm for me is a total lack of appetite.  I've been managing about one half-hearted main meal a day and a couple of slices of toast.  Not that I'm at risk of fading away, I just normally love my food!  It's strange.  And I've been intolerant of loud noise - prob side effect of headache.  I usually love having my earphones in, blasting away, but just couldn't face it today.  But the hustle and bustle of the bus was worse, so I put on some very soft, mellow music instead, then glared at the insolent little such and such that kept on whistling behind me.  It just cut right through me, and I couldn't help but glare at her. 

Yes, doctors (or near doctors) make for the best patients!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Now that I'm actually using a real computer (as opposed to a toy one that masquerades as a mobile phone) I can actually see the comment form! Feeling coldish seems to be the way of things at the moment, as most people I know seem to be that way. Nasty isn't it? I've started feeling a bit dry and runny-nosed myself today, and it does make me wish that I had honey in the house! I've ordered The Knitting Bible from Amazon, along with too many other books that I can't afford now that I don't have a job, and am bidding on some needles and wool on ebay!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Yes, "smartphones" are certainly smart but have serious limitations! I'm stupidly excited about you getting into knitting, I need a knitting buddy! Although, it'd take a lot to become as crazy obsessed as me, but let me know how it goes! What sort of wool and needles did you order? Your amazon splurge sounds like me at the wool shop the other day, went to get 1 ball (budget max £5) left with nine balls, £25 over budget! Ooops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting into? Lol, I have to learn the basics first! I'm bidding on some needles of lots of different sizes on ebay and have yet to find wool. Given how far away we are from shops and buses and how unfamiliar I am with the big wide world so far, the easiest/laziest option at the moment is to get everything from the net. I am also very short of cash, as all my spare cash has gone on a fridge freezer, so I'm going to do some more ebay scouring today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, if you want, I can send you some of my stash - I've got loads of cheap but decent quality wool, which formed the basis of my initial steps into knitting this summer. I don't mind, I doubt I'd get round to using them anytime soon, I've got so much wool and so many ideas for so much of it (and yet I still buy more!). It's double knit. It's nothing fancy but it was fine for me to start with and it actually knits really well. And I've found that since I started with cheap stuff, building up and experimenting with more luxurious yarns has been a great adventure, and I don't feel as if I'm wasting it now that I have more experience. If you interested, just send me your address and I'll pop some wool in the post for you a.s.a.p.

    ReplyDelete