Tuesday, 8 December 2009

Getting better

Yay, finally feeling like the end is in sight.  I am aiming to make some progress on returning to routine tomorrow.  I had the most awful night sleep - I was still wide awake at about 5.30 this morning, having tried everything - paced my flat, read, lay in the darkness, read, lay in the darkness, played on my DS, finally around quarter to six my eyes began to feel heavy.  What wonderful stuff!  And to make things worse, the competency assessment (a one on one session) that I thought was tomorrow, was actually today - had to get up at 9.30 to get myself presentable.  You do the maths!  And then was late to it anyway, and when I was there, I must have been spiking a temp, I couldn't stop feeling all hot and bothered and sweating, even though apparently everyone else had been complaining that they were cold in that room.  So much for my efforts to look presentable!
 
Needless to say, I made a swift exit from the hospital at that point.  Walked back to my car (up a nasty steep hill - great for cooling down!) in the rain, and without my coat on, desperate to cool down!  Mary had invited me to go sniffle on her sofa.  She had the day off, as she had some wisdom teeth out yesterday under general anaesthetic.  Brave girl taking on my sneezes, nose blowing and whining about my headaches.  We just chilled out on the sofa recuperating and watching mind numbing daytime telly, and every now and then, I did some half-hearted knitting when my headache would allow such things.  I was grateful for the company, and always it was lovely to hang out with Mary.  Definitely a true friend who will put up with your illness indulgences and moans!  She was even kind enough to feed me dinner!  Yay, one less worry for me, which was great.  Thanks Mary!


And now, I'm back home, and getting ready for bed.  Definitely looking forward to a good night sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment