It was another one of those days where nothing special happened. So I have decided that I should reflect on the day and try to find the good things about the day.
- Waking up in a nice warm cosy bed - definitely a blessing, and one of those things that we take for granted, but we are lucky for.
- Tea - had lovely tea today. Nothing special, just my normal tea, but it was very good. And I do love my tea! Back to having dairy milk, and I think this is the first time that I've really enjoyed my tea in ages. Yes, I do realise that it is rather sad that I get so much excitment and joy out of something so small and everyday!
- Good health. Being round hospitals all my life, I sometimes tend to become a little indifferent to being surrounded by ill people. But good health is also something that we tend to take for granted until we no longer have it. And since I practically live in hospitals (I've been in a hospital of some sort every day for the last 10 days) this is something that I should be more aware of and conscious of. And I really shouldn't moan so much when I get a cold!
- Knowledge and curiosity - again, a huge part of my life. It probably the one of the things I treasure most about my chosen career. It's all so darn interesting and fastinating. I love learning and being challenged, yet I also love the fact that no matter how much I do learn, I still crave more and have so many questions. I think curiosity is one of the greatest human traits, regardless of age, and is something that should always be nutured.
- Homemade leek and potato soup. I'm so proud of my soup, I think it was the best leek and potato I've made. I kinda wish now I paid more attention to what I was doing, I can't really pinpoint what I did to make it so tasty! Probably just a fluke, but how lucky!
- My knitting. This list wouldn't be complete without my knitting. I'm loving the project that I'm working on at the moment. It's so different and querky. I still can't believe how much I'm enjoying my knitting. I'm still expecting to get bored of it, and pack it all away! But I'm getting so much fulfillment out of it. It makes my day to come home and enjoy my knitting and see the end products. So wonderfully rewarding.
So, yes, even in a day when nothing in particular happens, there's still plenty to be grateful for and to find joy and reward in. And now if ends as it began, with my bed, all warm and cosy!
No comments:
Post a Comment