Saturday, 12 December 2009

This is what happens when you watch too much CSI

I had an actual wake-from-sleep nightmare(ish) last night!  It was so surreal, and definitely points out that I've been watching too much CSI!  So here it is:

I was in some sort of lab, with a couple of the CSI (Vegas) crew, and we were conducting an experiment of sorts, you know, like they do.  Our experiment was awful, and certainly not something I'd condone, and it's also where this all gets a little surreal.  We had this monkey on the countertop, it wasn't like any actual monkey I've ever seen, it was highly stylised - very, very thin and drawn out.  We were forcing it to consume various toxins, to see which ones induced vomiting (told you it was awful).  It was vomiting up very politely into a little funnel.  And then in between different trials, it started talking to me.  It was very articulate and clearly highly educated.  Then the lab tech and the CSIs left me, having just given a last dose to the monkey.  As they were leaving, they told me that I should ensure that the monkey was secure, which was when I noticed that there was a system to chain a leashlike device between the monkey and the counter.  They also joked that I should be careful in case the things we were giving the monkey made it turn on us.  So I turned to the monkey to see if I could secure it, wondering how I was going to work it.  But the monkey, busy chatting to me, obligingly did it for me... which I remember thinking was very strange, and kind of defeating the point of securing it, if it was able to work the mechanism itself.  He was also going on about what the CSIs had said about him turning on me, almost as if he was offended by the way they had talked about him.  Then as I was tidying up, he started joking about going crazy, and mocking me about how I would react.  Then I was getting rid of a syringe in a little side room, I chucked it from the door, but missed the container.  At that point, the monkey freed himself from the leash and started having some sort of fit and making general demonic sounds.  I told him to stop being silly and that it wasn't funny, and I went into the room, not thinking much of the monkey's cruel joke.  As I was bending down to pick up the syringe to place it properly in it's disposal container, all this this cluttering and smashing sounds were going off in the lad.  Then suddenly the lights went out and the emergency back up lights kicked in, batheing everything in semi-darkness tinted with red flashing as somewhere in the building someone had set off the emergancy alarm.  At this point I started to get really freaked out, and started calling out for Nick (one of the CSIs), and went out of the side room back into the lab, which was now trashed, but the monkey was no where to be seen, although I could hear it taunting me in very evil overtones.  I was petrified to be alone in the room with the monkey, unable to see where it was and unable to completely see the various hazards littering the room.  The exit was the other side of the room, but with the various sparks flashing around the room and the unknown whereabouts of the monkey, I was too scared to attempt to get across to it.  So, I saw a door pretty much next to me, and I "escaped" through it, not sure where it was going.  It opened onto a long corridor, flanked by offices and labs.  To scared to waste time by closing the door behind me, I just ran down this corridor, shouting out for help and looking for Nick, but with the strong impression that the monkey was hot on my heals...

And that was pretty much when I woke up, heart pounding!  All in all, a very strange, disturbing dream.  I get the setting, as I was watching CSI last night before bed, but I totally don't get the monkey or the nightmarish turn!  Mmmm, how bizarre.  But now, on with my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment