The yoke now attached and the neck band completed, along with the contrasting right band (side and sleeve seams still to be sewn)
As far as I've got - just need the buttons. I'm on the whole happy with it. It's very different from the Aran knit that I completed before, and it's a much softer, more delicate feeling wool. Then there's the yoke style, which I've never attempted before. And the experiement with colour, part curiosity (always planned to do the yoke a different colour) and part necessity (I ran out of the purple, hence the contrasting bands down the front). All in all a very different style. Very torn between which one I prefer, the aran or this. The aran in a weird way is neater, as it didn't have all the sewing on of yokes and the bands ran in a differnt way so look a bit flatter than the picked up band here. I like the fact that this one should fit (will have to wait till it gets to it's new home, for confirmation on that one!) and it's more dainty and pretty, where as the Aran is a more hardy, practical type of thing. Oh well!
Had a fairly productive day all round. Had some teaching this afternoon and then forced myself to clerk. Didn't feel too bad about it, usually I dread it, but in a weird way, today, I didn't have the normal resentment towards the whole process. I clerked a pretty amazing patient - it always horrifies me to hear what some patients have been through, yet you look at them and it's sometimes really hard to believe that they've been, or still are, that ill! The human body is truely wonderful. I'm quite looking forward to presenting this case, which I will probably be doing tomorrow, first thing (9am), or should that be, later today. I suppose that makes a good reminder for me to go to bed! Arggh, really should do my dishes! Mmmm, maybe I can put that off for a while....!
Turn my back on you for FIVE MINUTES and you make two cardigans lol. ;)
ReplyDeleteRowan's deep purple one is gorgeous, I bet it fits her sooner than we're expecting as that style is supposed to be a bit bulky right?
This two-tone is very very pretty, and a very neat job. It's lovely! You always talk down your own crafting lol. xx
Lol! Hehe! I know, but that's just me and my knitting craze! You're right, arans are supposed to be bulky and snuggly. But as it stands, she could prob wear it as a dress with leggings! When you look at the two together, I almost feel like the two colour one will be too small, that's the difference in size!
ReplyDelete