Thursday, 8 April 2010

Projects started, interupted, completed, given, loved

This post is a little of a crafting catch up.  Because I like to show off my wears!  Lol, and they give me so much joy to share.

1)  Finally got round to blocking Farrah's scarf and sewing in the tails.  Now, I just have to get round to seeing her and give it too her.  I'm so proud of it.  The first lace project I've done, hence the less than expert blocking, and the first project I've done with my handdye from the workshop I went to at Get Knitted.
Close up detail:
Finished the cardigan for Rowan's birthday next week.  Although, still have a couple of buttons to sew on and the last couple of tails to sew in.  I'm really happy with it, despite the dramas of running out of yarn.  Fortunately, was able to locate one ball as a swap on Ravelry and then ordered the other colour off Ebay and was amazed to find it was the same dyelot (score!).  But it did mean that I was stalled for a while, so there was time to do other things.
This is where I was when I ran out of yarn.
And this was it with knitting finished, sewn up and just the sleeve crochet edging and button sewing on still to do.  Very happy with it, although I don't think I picked up the crochet edging quite right as in places, it doesn't lie completely flat anymore.

So whilst waiting for more yarn to arrive, I started up on some socks with the yarn that I was sent by Mara.  I chose a pattern called "Snicket" which was a little fiddly to start with, then I did away with the cable needle.  Really happy with the results which I finished a couple of days ago.  They're warm and toasty!
And then to deal with second sock syndrome, I took a break in between the two to make my SamSam a hat and scarf combo.  Unfortunately, the yarn didn't stretch that far, so the scarf was converted into a neck warmer/cowl type thing.  Forgot to get a pic of the hat before I gave it to Sam, but did manage to remember to get a photo of Sam wearing the cowl:
The hat was a second attempt.  The first one I didn't really like and I don't think it suited the wool right.  But oooh, look at my pretty dpns.

In amongst all these interupted works in progress, my flat started to somewhat fill up with all things knitting!

And finally, making a start on a new project.  Making a shawl (or at least that's what the pattern reckons it will be!!).  I'm using a beautiful 100% BFL sock yarn in gorgeous gentle pastels.  No idea who it'll be for, but it's a nice simple quick(ish) pattern, so I should get it done with minimal effort, making it a great project for doing for a few minutes here and there in between revising.
Ahhh, loving my knitting and playing with all the pretty yarns and the challenge of making wonderful things and then spreading the love!  It's so rewarding.  And now have new things piling up to do.  But more about that later!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh so many pretties. :) Can't wait to see what you get up to with all the new yarn! And Rowan will look just ace in that gorgeous stripy cardigan. Tis very pretty, and rather unusual - perfect!

    ReplyDelete