Day three - two clerkings done. Ran over time on both. Really need to work on this. Presented one of the cases to a housemate, and he gave me lots of food for thought, which didn't make me feel overly positive about my performance or my presentation. Really need to work on this too. So all in all, not feeling wildly positive about the day's achievements. Or maybe I'm just reflecting the grey, drizzily cold weather?
It's not that I'm really hating doing the clerkings. I actually feel really ambivalent about them. Neither positive nor negative, they just are. It's just the hassle of doing them. The trying to find patients, working around meals, scans, visiting hours etc. This has always been a major beef of mine with regards to this whole clerking malarkey. We're just doing it to fill a portfolio, and to pass an exam. It actually seems so pointless and irrelevant. I actually quite enjoy it when I have something positive to contribute to patient care, and they're all shiny new to the hospital. And you have some input to their tests and management. It's more like the job than this bugging patients on the wards, especially when they're already all fed up of us bugging them.
And it's scaring the life out of me. Only a week and a half until we are no longer allowed on the wards. In a way this makes me want to stay over the weekend. So I can be super-eager (read: driven by utter fear) and go in everyday. But I really want to go back to Bristol. To my flat, my spindle, my Sky plus and my friends (not necessarily in that order). I'm going a bit stir crazy here in Weston, especially on days where the weather gets you down too. I've also fallen into the trap of having no cash on me, so I can't even jump on a bus and go to the cinema or something like that, just to get a change of scenery. The nearest cash machine is about a 25min walk away, and not something I want to do in the drizzly ran without a coat (I wasn't expecting this rubbish weather!!). I just don't know what to do. And I need to make up my mind so I can catch the people who are likely to be able to give me a lift back to Bristol.
Yup, it's just one of those days were I just want to moan!
No comments:
Post a Comment