Not much to comment on about today. It was actually a very busy day - in from 9 - 4.30, boring lecture type thing on communication skills in the morning (you'd have thought someone giving a communication skills seminar would actually communicate better, and not make me want to curl up and sleep!) and ethics session in the afternoon, which got a little lively and was quite interesting.
Nipped to the bank at lunchtime to pay the credit card bill, and ended up having a review of my accounts - basically the woman trying to tell me ways to improve my financial commitments whilst I tapped my foot, glancing at the clock, thinking I needed to get some lunch and get back on time. Hopefully this will have saved me money (in the long term at least) and eases my money worries for now. I'm always a little skeptical in banks that they're trying to con you, so I asked lots of questions and I think she was genuinely trying to help me out.
This evening, as it was pay day, I decided to try out the cinema that is so tantilisingly close and went and saw Nine. It was a musical, and quite interestingly shot and had an interesting way of depicting the songs and stories, but I didn't think the songs were very catchy. All in all, I enjoyed it, but was nowhere near as lively as I was expecting.
And then when I got back, did a couple of rows on the socks and then went round to one of the other flats for a glass of wine to celebrate someones birthday. It was a lovely evening, and I'm very lucky to have such nice people on my placement. There was plenty of chatting and telling of childhood stories (bizarrely enough!). Was great fun.
And then just washed my hair and now it's past time to get ready for bed, so off I go...
No comments:
Post a Comment