Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Here-Hereford (say it fast and you may get the pun!)

Hereford really is the back of beyond, but happily took me less time than my "worst case scenario" that I had been imagining. In fact it was actually a very pretty drive. I still have no idea where Hereford is, but fortunately Ken-Ken (my Aussie voiced sat-nav) did. Still not sure if it was worth it for the three and a half hours spent there.

A positive thing (well depending how you look at it!) was that as I was heading out of Cheltenham, I drove past a place claiming to be the UK's largest fabric shop. Guess where I'll be heading tomorrow afternoon... lol, not sure if I actually will buy any material, as I have no idea what I'd do with it, without a sewing machine and a somewhat lack of time... well... but it can't help to look, can it?

Finally making a little progress on Ru's wristwarmers, getting the hang of the pattern, much easier than I orignally thought! So am pretty happy with that. It's been a slow start to it, but hopefully will pick up pace a little now.

And finally, a philisophical end to this post: is it really only just Tuesday? Why, oh why is this week dragging, I keep feeling like it's a Wednesday, so it's extra depressing to think it's still so long until the weekend and my chance to escape back to Bristol! Bugger! Why, oh why!

2 comments:

  1. Eep, is it really not Friday yet?? *sigh*

    Hope I didn't lead you too astray with the wool shopping, and thankyou so much for your support (of all kinds) and the occasional much needed distraction in the form of fiber crafting and random chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* for it not being Friday yet, and *bigger sigh* for wool shopping. :) I honestly don't mind, and I feel somewhat ulturistic (sp?!?) about getting wool for others, it's more guilt free than just buying random wool for me!

    Anytime you need anything...

    ReplyDelete