Another delightful pic of me taken (mainly due to laziness) with my webcam
I crocheted the hat. It look about a day - I'd forgotten how absolutely simple this pattern was and how quickly it came together. So I was really happy about that. I've made this pattern for Harry about 4 or 5 times before, and I think that he's managed to loose them all along the way - not sure if he'll ever learn, or me for that matter, I do keep on making them! I had to be a bit inventive this time. He wanted a thinner wool (pattern calls for bulky/chunky) so I went for an aran weight and increased the pattern repeats, and actually managed to get it right, first time! So yay for me, about adventurous as I've ever gotten with modifying patterns!
And now I'm on to making the wristwarmers for Ru. I haven't got very far, the pattern uses a chart, something I've never done before, and I had a few queries about it, and obviously had to trawl the net for answers as I didn't bother bringing The Knitter's Bible. Looking forward to the challenge.
Work on Saturday was about as exciting as I was expecting. I was bored out of my wits, and got glared at and made to do menial, non-essential things when I dared get the crochet out (despite the fact they were all surfing the net and checking hotmail!). So I took the hint and sat around staring off into space instead. Oh well, I was at work after all, so it's bordering on being cheeky to sit there crocheting. The times I've knitted have all be night shifts, so I obviously can get away with it more then!
Sunday was a bit of a write off. I really wanted to get up and go to one of the local churches, but switched my alarm off and promptly feel asleep again... oops. But I've been so tired, I've not been getting amazing sleep in here at Cheltenham, so it was definintely a case of catching up on it all! When I did eventually get out of bed, I decided I'd go have breakfast (well, brunch!) at the local cafe, so I could sit with the free wi-fi and focus on finishing ranking my jobs. Which I'd almost done when my laptop run out of juice and I didn't have anywhere near my table to plug in, and changing tables wasn't an option since they were packed (in fact people were kinda glaring at me for taking up a four seater table!). So I ambled home and finished ranking there. So glad to get it out of the way. Now it's just a case of waiting about three weeks and I find out what jobs I have.
Then following having Harry and Claire round briefly so he could pick up the hat (and very generously pay for the yarn - yay, so it was guilt free wool shopping!), I decided to follow up on an idea that Sarah gave me last week. I roasted a chicken, and had a lovely roast dinner, something I generally don't get round to doing as it's such a waste when I live alone. And now I've got loads of leftovers to do stuff with. I had a jacket potato with lemon-mayo chicken, I'm going to do a salad with the other breast, and then make up some soup with whatever's left over. I may yet be able to get another meal out of whatever other meat is left over before I make the soup. It was a really good idea - it works out quite cheaply (even splashed out on an organic/free range chicken), I have meal plans for most of the week, and I had a nice easy to think up shopping list. So it really ticks a lot of the food rules boxes. So thanks very much Sarah.
And then a quick dish wash and back to Cheltenham. Had a really busy day today - 9 to 6. So absolutely knackered right now. It was a fairly good day. I was with the consultant who had lead our ethics teaching last week and pretty much the first thing he said to me was that I had had a lot to say last week... I guess I was memorable! Lol! Not that I had several arguements or anything like that during ethics! Lol! He's quite a nice consultant and made sure I got to see lots and get a bit involved with the team. In the afternoon, we spent time in the radiotherapy session, which was cool, as it's something I hadn't done before, and I was able to see all the stages. I like to do things like that, then if I'm ever asked by patients, then at least I can have some grasp of what goes on.
The most exciting thing to happen this weekend was when I got "chatting" to someone on Ravelry about the socks, and I had a look at her stash, and man did it make me lust. She's got this huge stash of absolutely gorgeous yarns. So I complemented her a bit and then we got chatting a bit about where to get wool. And then she randomly asked for my postal address so she could send me some of her hand-dyed alpaca. I'm so touched by the kindness of strangers. She was so gracious about it, and wants absolutely nothing in return. Can't wait to get back to Bristol and see what it is that she'll send. :)
And here I am... ready for bed. Not a very exciting weekend, so I'm hoping for a better week!

Mmm now I want roast chicken... Lol, busy week Ashleigh! :) Always good to catch up with you.
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed your call last night, was in the kitchen and when I got back to my room, I didn't bother checking my phone - no one ever rings! Oops. Am off to Hereford shortly, so not expecting to be back here till gone 6, closer to 7, but will try ringing once I'm back and human:) Love to y'alls! xxx
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Hereford! I'm currently hand-dying wool with beetroot and tumeric. *grins* I hold you entirely to blame for the fact that I woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep because I was thinking about YARNS!!
ReplyDeleteHaha! Lalalalala! Twasn't me! Lol! *looks sheepishly guilty and avoiding eye contact* That sounds awesome, how well has it worked? Lalala! Oh well, at least you can't blame the baby for a change! xxx
ReplyDelete