Saturday, 30 January 2010

Wonderful Mara

I'm happily back in Bristol, but absolutely exhausted.  Cheltenham is really not good for me, I'm totally run down by it, and it has only been two weeks though.  Halfway.  I really need to get some good rest whilst I'm back in Bristol, making the most of relaxing and chilling out.  Besides work!

And as expecting, waiting back in Bristol for me was the red slip from the postie, so I literally put my bags down and then rushed straight out again.  And this is what was waiting for me:
 

It is so beautifully soft and such wonderful colours - a perfect choice for me.  I love how dusky and muted they are, and the graduation of colours with the blues and lilacs, reds and pinks.  Absolutely gorgerous.  And a homemade card, from Mara, saying she was happy to enable my yarn habbit.  She also explained that she sent the solid pink to go with the multicoloured, so I could be adventurous and make the heels, toes, and cuff of the socks in a co-ordinated but different yarn.  I'm soooo excited to get working on them soon... I suppose I just have to pick a pattern first.  Mainly debating if I should have a fairly plain sock with minimal stitch patterns, or to go for something more "busy" like the ones I just finished. I still just can't believe someone would send a stranger such a wonderful beautiful yarn.  Such wonderful generousity. :)  Thank you very much Mara, and thanks to Ravelry for allowing me to meet her.

And I won't spoil the specialness and excitment of the yarn by saying anything more...

No comments:

Post a Comment