When I was ready, I opened the blinds in my room, and was greeted with white everywhere. And there was massively reduced visibility. A glance downwards to the road revealed the worst - slushiness covering the roads. Cue internal debate. So I decided to check the weather forcasts for Cheltenham - snow at 9, sleet at 12, snow at 3. Mmm, checked Hereford's forcast and it was snow more or less all day (switching between heavy and light and then back again) with tempertatures hitting freezing or lower for the afternoon/evening rush hour. So after debating it with my flatmate, I decided I really should be safe and not drive through it.
To make up for the lack of clinic-ness, I walked into the hospital here with my flatmate, gettting all soggy and cold feety to go to a library session which I was going to miss in favour of Hereford. At least I now know where the hospital library is, and I got out and about for a bit and got to have a walk.
Following this, I came "home" and have mainly been knitting my sock all afternoon, interspersed with lots of tea, and the odd bit of prep for a tutorial tomorrow and sitting around getting to know my flatmates better. So, all in all an okay day. Nothing wildly exciting, not for me at least. I'm very proud of Sarah who is making the most of her time off her feet by learning with amazing speed how to crochet, using some of the goodies I had sent her on Monday. Hehehe! I've corrupted her with my devious crochet/knitting addiction. :) So going to have to start a crafting group when I next am in Derby where we can sit and do stuff and natter! Can you tell I'm excited about having a friend join the world of crochet? Someone I can share the experience with! Tis truely awesome!
Sock progress for today:
Did the heel and about half of the foot today
It's definitely the second sock - next to the first for comparison
And this is me... being bored by all the stupid snow keeping me stuck, mostly infront of the computer. (and yes, that is my South African rugby jersey!)



Hehehe, keep your chin up, my gorgeous Ashleigh!
ReplyDelete