As predicted, this morning was fricking freezing. Fortunately, there hadn't been any snow overnight, so the walk in (yes, I was good and walked!) wasn't too perilious! And I was very proud of myself, I was actually running early! I got in to the med school with time enough to get a drink, which I was in dire need of. I was actually rather hot and bothered after my fifty minute walk, the last twenty of which were uphill, which was fine by me, no longer cold! This morning however... mmm, was very similar to what we were told this time last year. It's very frustrating, it's all about getting ready to begin work as a doctor, and it's all rather tedious. Then it was home (admittedly on the bus, don't wanna over do it!) in the snow. It was really pretty to watch it falling as I was all dry and warm on the bus. And then when I got off, it was really coming down. It was so magical, there really is just something about snow falling, just calm and serene. Luckily, it wasn't cold enough for the snow to settle, so it was just pretty to watch. We've been predicted crazy weather overnight (apparently upto a foot of the white stuff), so I may not be liking the snow quite as much tomorrow when I have to trek in through it.
Fortunately though, the afternoon thing was cancelled (someone somewhere got snowed in!) so this left me an opportunity to catch up on some shopping - I'm in desperate need of new hospital trousers, I've been wearing the same ones week in, week out all of last term. Washing them regularly though, naturally! So I thought that since I got my student loan yesterday, I could make the most of the sales and get some new ones, which I did manage to do, for £5 from Marks and Spencer. I also got a cheap pair of jeans, since my last pair had started to fall apart on me (literally!). It felt like a shopping slurge!! I also decided to treat myself to some Yo Sushi, for the first time in months. It's pretty much my fave place to eat, and it didn't disappoint! Mmmm, tasty non-fishy sushi.
Then on the off chance, decided to wonder round the wool section at John Lewis, in case they had any January bargins, and they did. So I just had to get some. There were several that I was very tempted by, but the voice of reason reigned and I only got one type of wool, a really pretty double knit with dusky, muted tones of pink and lilac. Really pretty, and now added to the stash, and I kinda have an idea what I want to do with it, but I'll decide for certain nearer the time.
And finally to round off my shopping spree (mmm, I know I'll be moaning about being broke soon enough!) I went and saw Avatar, in 3D. It was stunning and very well thought through in terms of how it looked and felt, and the 3D was very well used. However, I thought that the story was a little preachy at times and it wasn't the strongest plot. Having said that, I'd still recommend it, and I really enjoyed it. It was definitely a great way to end my day out.
And then it was home, and time to get cracking on making my hat, which is coming along nicely, can't wait to see what it'll be like when it's done and I can see the pattern properly, but it looks very promising indeed. It's also somewhat strange to be thinking about the recipient. It's for me, which is strange, I don't normally bother making stuff for me, and I do sit and think about whoever it's going to be for, but none of that now! Very strange indeed.
And now, it's off to bed, I did resolve to earlier bedtimes this year, so can't start failing on that just yet! Night night!
No comments:
Post a Comment