Wednesday, 13 January 2010

Deja Snow-Vu

It's just like a few days ago, this being the sight to great me on this chilly morning.  I swear it's a new photo (you can tell, there's less snow this morning, honest!)



Well, in terms of time management today, I think I more or less stuck to it.  Alarm at nine, and up and about by 9.15.  Although, technically, I got back into bed, but mainly because it was cold, and I could grab my laptop and do some reading and be a little pro-active.  And then, as I had to go to a meeting I had pre-arranged with a GP to discuss my project that I'll be doing in a few weeks.  I had looked up buses, nasty winter weather stopping me from doing the easy thing and driving.  And also taking into account the bad weather, I gave myself extra time.  I ended up getting there twenty minutes early, even after taking a leisurely walk through the local park to admire the falling snow and the beautiful calm. 

 
 

How can something so bleak, so harsh, so cold, so extreme be so beautiful and awe inspiring?

And then it was back to the hospital for some teaching then home in the slush.  It may have snowed for about 16hours nearly non-stop, but it was much warmer than last week, so really didn't last.  So the journey home was slushy, dirty, slippery and completely unmagical.  The bad side of snow!

So todays action plan setting is for food.  I know that this one, in a way will be harder to implement, especially as from Monday I'm no longer in one place.  I'm off to Cheltenham on placement, and I know from experience that being somewhere strange, with unknown, unpredictable facilities always make it much harder.  But here are the aims, for what it's worth!
  • Plan meals for at least a whole week at a time and stick to it.
  • Create a shopping list, stick to it and do only one food shop a week.
  • Eat healthier (I'm not talking about being a food Nazi, just better than I have been recently!)
  • Cook proper meals, not just throw it in the oven and remove thirty minutes later.
  • Shop local, especially fresh produce, and get more locally sourced and organic food, thus doing my thing for the world I live in.
  • Less snacking, less junk, less chocolate, fewer sweats.
  • Prepare (and take in!) my own lunches for most days (say 4 days a week) - I'm spending too much money buying unhealthy junk.
And that's it.  I know what will be more difficult, especially when just cooking for one, when I spend half the week in one place and the other half in Bristol, is the planning and buying of food.  I always end up buying fresh produce that ends up going off because I can't eat it in time.  The answer to this will mainly lie in the careful planning.  Which I suppose makes my excuse just pure laziness!  Lol, oh dear!  It really shouldn't just boil down to that, should it?

Anyhows, must head off to bed, I'm already slightly over my 11pm bedtime, so must head off.  Nighty-night everyone.

1 comment:

  1. It helps me to plan seven evening meals and a couple of different lunch options, and then switch around the days as I feel like it. I also make sure that one or two of my meals need special shopping or fresh ingredients that don't store well, and the rest are easier to get from store cupboard ingredients. :)

    ReplyDelete