Well it's currently just after midnight... this is not a good start to trying to get my life sorted. My first action plan group was about time keeping... yet here I am. Where is my self-control? It's been one day. And it's not helped by the fact that I forgot to set my alarm properly last night, so woke up when I recieved a text at 11 this morning. Fortunately, I didn't have anything on at the hospital this morning, but I was going to clerk, so I feel like I really let myself down. I'm so annoyed at myself. And I know that I wouldn't have slept in so much if I hadn't been staying up so late recently. I know that I haven't fully outlined my plans, just talked about the things I'd like to work on, but still. I should be doing better than this. So it really highlighted to me why I need to buckle down on this stuff. So... I've decided over the next few days, I'll take each of the areas and outline the things I'd like to work on and improve. So since it seems to be the topic of the day, I'll talk about the things I'd like to achieve under the time management category.
Ultimate goal here is to keep more regular hours so that I don't walk around feeling so tired and unmotivated. So to do this, I would like to:
- Aim to get my daily recommended 8 hours of sleep a night.
- On week nights/uni nights, I aim to be in bed by 11pm, with lights out by midnight.
- I aim to wake up at latest 9am, and OUT of bed by 9.30am at the latest on mornings when I'm not required to be anywhere in particular (e.g. weekends, uni days with no morning commitments).
- I WILL be on time to things, even if it's just meeting up with friends!
I know it sounds a little silly outlining these things as things I need to work on, they're such basic simple things which I'm not sure anyone else really worries about. But I do. And getting them down on "paper" is making a commitment to improve. I do see them as weaknesses. Especially the nearly always running late thing. It will eventually get me in trouble that I won't be able to blag my way out of. And the sleep rules are to help me feel more human. It's so easy when living alone to just stay up until exhausted and then be all grumpy the next day. There's no one to be considerate about and there's no one to tell you off, or be concerned with unhealthy habits. Maybe it's a reflection on my loneliness. I don't consider myself lonely, but sometimes in the wee small hours, I do feel it more than at other times. And when I look at the things that I do during these hours, they're always mind numbing, like watching utter rubbish on tv, or surfing the net looking at utter junk! Or I'm just mindlessly knitting and not realising the time. Then hey presto, the next day, I'm finding it really hard to suppress yawns during particularly boring tutorials. Arrrgh, I really do need to make a change. So on that note, I will go to bed now and not stay up rambling rubbish.
(hugs) Always so self-critical babes! I know why you want to make changes, and I think they are admirable changes to be making, but don't beat yourself up over them, OK? Think positive! Tell yourself that you *will* be in bed nice and early tonight. :)
ReplyDeletePS - We would love to come see you over a weekend and sleep on your floor lol. It will have to be a few weeks though, we're going to see Leanne and Cat soon and it'll be a couple of weeks after that befroe we have petrol money again probably! We love and miss you so much. xxx
Aw, thanks:) As always, I am so indebted to your support. It means more to me than I could ever express.
ReplyDeleteIt is a shame that we won't really be able to meet up on this trip south for you. But who knows, if you let me know the dates, we might be able to arrange a couple of hours, you never know (although it is unlikely!) You are of course more welcome than ever to come a visiting here. I'll be back in Bristol from the 12th Feb for four weeks, during which time, I will be very flexible, with less strict timetabling, so you could come whenever it works best for you, and for however long you like. :) Love to you all.xxx