Well, so much for doing two posts in one day to catch up and then.... nothingness! I'd say oops, but it wasn't really that sort of situation. It was partly circumstance - staying in Weston with the worst internet connection ever, doing job shadowing (which to be honest wasn't really here nor there, so didn't inspire many words out of me!) and still not feeling 100% me. I was having a few bad dreams about the accident and a few flashbacks which were just leaving me a little unsettled about everything still. But that seems to have settled, so how about talking about positive things?
So, finding the positive in Weston. Despite the bad internet, there was nice weather in the first week, and lengthening days gave me the opportunity to have a couple of long, lazy walks and enjoy being outside. The first morning that I woke up in Weston didn't exactly inspire:
But things did improve and I unearthed some delights in Weston:
I'm not really sure why, but this hill and this Church always inspire me and I find it so peaceful to walk up there. It's less than 15mins from the hospital accommodation, but feels like a world away.
Despite the crazy climb to get up there!
But the views from up there, stunning on a bright early spring afternoon.
And when I see something like this, it of course says "come on in!". This is a beacon tower on top of the hill the church is on. I've been up that hill loads of time, but the gate has always been closed and firmly locked. Naturally, I was curious to explore.
And got very windswept for my efforts! But I was up there, reading the plaques to identify distant hills and places. Then back down the stairs. I love the visual appeal of spiral stairs!
And through the woods, still bare and awaiting enough warmth to flourish (remember this was about three or four weeks ago, can't wait to go back and see how it's changed!):
And finally, round the corner to check up on my highlight of last year - Bluebell field, which was a riot of colour when I was last in Weston. I knew it was probably too early for bluebells, I thought I'd give it a go anyway. And instead I found it should prehaps have a different name for each month of the year, in this case Snowdrop field. It was a blanket of white. Which I couldn't actually get into, locked up, so photos don't really begin to do it justice, but just a little hint of what it was like and what it will be like when the bluebells are in full bloom. They most likely will be by now, I'll have to rush back on the first not wet day when I'm back in Weston next week.
And finally, an upclose shot of some snowdrops in a churchyard on the way back to the hospital.
Yay for spring finally trying to arrive in our lives. I really need it. The sunshine, getting out and about in the sea breezes and not feeling dark and cold anymore. Although it also signifies that there are things in my life that I can no longer ignore, like the rapidly approaching exams and the need to revise... all over again. But fortunately, there will be lovely walks to go on when I need a break from the books.
Ooh what a lovely windswept photo of you. Pretty Ashleigh!
ReplyDelete