Sunday, 6 December 2009

Cough, splutter, sniffle, sneeze

Can you guess the general theme here.  Yup, I am sick... again, or is it still?  After having the energy drained out of me last week, and then a day of feeling a better, but with a sore throat, and then a day with a mostly better throat, but a sore ear (yesterday when I went to work), I've got a cold.  And I'm so annoyed.  Last week was more or less a write off, and now it looks like the next couple of days are going to be too.  There's such divided opinions on going into the hospital when you're ill - some doctors, etc, get really annoyed about you coming in and potentially infecting already vulnerable people.  Others are like "it's only a cold, get on with it".  I tend to err on the side of the first one.  As I do genuinely fell guilty at the thought of getting frail old biddies ill, and I once got seriously told off after trekking all the way to Bath on the bus for a clinic (didn't feel well enough to drive without sneezing and veering off the road!) and then sent home.  So, I'll wait until I don't have to blow my nose every couple of minutes - can you imagine me trying to clerk "So Mr X *sneeze* why did you *sniffle* come into hospital?  Excuse me one moment *blows nose*, okay continue" - sooooo reassuring for the patients!

Thank goodness I had the day off today, so I slept till nearly 2pm.  This might have something to do with the fact that I was wide awake at about 5am, when the rain was pouring down creating a heck of a lot of noise.  I ended up reading for ages, then sleeping on and off all morning.  The only thing that made me get out of bed this afternoon was the sudden thought that the shops wouldn't be open late, so if I wanted to get some lemon juice, and something for dinner (craving fresh, filled pasta) I had better summon the energy.  So, was out for about 30mins, and then following making a bit of toast, straight back into bed, watching stuff/dozing.  Thank goodness for laptops!  Yay!  It's all I need in one easy package - staying snuggled up and able to doze, and entertainment and communication. Haven't even picked up a bit of wool!  Must be the first day in months!  My fingers are feeling a little restless, but don't think I could knit/crochet very well with a drowsy headache going on.  Writing this blog is pushing it somewhat.

So needless to say, I have nothing to say, beyond what has already been said.

2 comments:

  1. Would my snotty friend like a snotty hug? I hope you feel better soon, and wish that my phone could cope with this embedded form - that was why I was struggling to leave comments! Grr!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks very much Leanne, and right back at ya! It's nice to have well wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete