And that was the highlight of the day. It was yet another day of shivering around the flat, and not doing much. I've decided to take a quick break from the socks to whip up the hot water bottle cover. I'm beginning to think I should have just decided to knit it up in garter stitch, plan, simple and quick. But noooo, I wanted to have some fun with some cables, which always end up taking so much long. I didn't want to spend too much time on it, but will prob be working on it for the rest of the week.
In a way I'm really looking forward to heading back to placement tomorrow, as I'll have company and stimulation, but I'm so unused to the early mornings, and this weather doesn't make it any better. I know that after a couple of days, I'll be back in the swing of it and I'll be quite happy, but it'll be a lot of effort over the next couple of days. I really need to make the most of this week and be pro-active. It's the last week of this placement, then I'm off to Cheltenham for four weeks to do Palliative Care and Oncology, which is a different pace and focus. And it'll be back to commuting to Cheltenham. Yay, more money wasted on petrol, but I've already spoken to someone and we're gonna try carpooling a bit, so I don't have to feel too guilty about wasting loads of fuel on just me.
And that's it. No ground breaking stuff to talk about or to ponder over, just a boring, quite, slightly lonely day in, knitting and watching telly (Two and a Half Men marathon on Comedy Central). I really need to find better ways to spend my days off, but without wanting to spend money or have to venture out in rubbish weather... I'm slightly limited!
Lovely sock! I have some baby crochet patterns for you here to cheer you up, if you desire to speedily use up some wool oddments. ;) And plans to visit you the Tuesday after next (the 27th?). The time and arrangements will depend much on when you are working, as we can suit you. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely up for crocheting some stuff for you, would be nice to crochet some more for a change. And would be great way to use up oddments!
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately I'll be in Cheltenham on the 27th. I haven't got a definite timetable yet, so I can't really say too much more about that date until Monday next week when I start in Cheltenham. We could try arrange to meet in Cheltenham, but I'll be in shared accommodation (three kids might be noticable, but I'm sure tolerable for a few hours!) and wouldn't be able to put you up if you needed that. Is there anyway you could make it here over a weekend? I have a spare set of keys, so even if I was doing a shift (I think I'd be doing both those Saturdays, 3-9pm, but free on Sundays), it wouldn't necessarily be limiting you! And we could try and figure out a way to put you up between the floor, the sofa bed and the bed. :)