Despite my early attempts at going to bed, I had a rubbish night sleep. This consisted of dozing off about 1am and then waking up with a start following a really horrible, distressing dream at just before 3am. And then I was too wired to go back to sleep. It took ages to calm down, and it was the most upsetting dream I've had in a very long time. After a while, I completely gave up trying to get back to sleep and instead watched stuff on my laptop for a couple of hours and then eventually was able to go back to sleep.
Needless to say, this morning it was very hard indeed to wake up and get out of bed. I had set my alarm for 9am, but that came and went with repeated snoozes, until I decided that I would get up, so switched the alarm off and promptly fell fast asleep again. Until I had a lovely wake up call in the form of Sam phoning to let me know how her job interview had gone. Since she didn't fancy being alone following this, I took my mom and Sam to the chaos that was the supermarket to do the last of the grocery shopping that my family needed. We're having an extended family Christmas at our house, and as always, my mom is making sure she has enough to feed an army and then some! I was very relieved to leave the supermarket, although admittedly having the company of two people I love very dearly certainly made the experience more enjoyable.
Just after lunch we found out that Sam got the job! Yipee! I'm so very proud of her, she very much deserves it, and I know it's something she's wanted for so long now. So it was a very positive day. I eventually took Sam home and had a cup of tea and kept her company for a little longer, but the poor lass was exhausted from all the excitment, so I left her be and went and found people with more energy - little people!
I popped in to see my darling Sarah and her wonderful family, and thoroughly enjoyed every moment. It was wonderful being in a home with children at this time of year. Christmas is so exciting, and it's so easy to catch their enthusiasm. I had a lovely catch up with Sarah, and had a chance to spend a little time with each of the girls and have a cuddle. This little family means so much to me and brightens up my life so much, I am so lucky and privileged to be part of their lives, and spending time with them is a very important aspect of helping me remember about the life that still exists outstide my little medicine bubble. Thank you Sarah! :)
And just to prove what amazing friends I have, I have recieved two early Christmas pressies today. Both of which contained some beautiful wool! Hehehe! They know me so well, especially Sam's comment that she was worried that she was enabling me! I will get round to putting pics up at some point, but needless to say, I am so excited and can't wait to have a sit down and decide what to make with it. I think I may even make something for myself for a change. And as well as the wool, I got a lovely new piece of art to stick up on my wall when I get back to Bristol from the Clarks. It is so wonderful and pretty, and I'm so touched to have something original and handcrafted with so much love and time put in. Thank you all very much for my lovely presents, you have truely made me feel special and thought of.
*grins* SO touched! You know how much we love having you here! :)
ReplyDelete