Thursday, 14 January 2010

Hot water bottle

I've finally finished my hot water bottle cover that I've been working on for what seems like far to long, so I'll be cracking on with the socks again.  The hot water bottle ended up being a bit of a crazy mess, but hey, no one's ever really going to see it.  I made up the pattern myself, as it seemed easy enough.  It looks amazing from the front, but it took ages, so I ended up being lazy on the back.  And then I mucked up.  So it ended up being a mixture of three patterns, in a patchwork kind of way, and it's also going in the other direction to the front.  It's truely a unique piece of artwork, and I can't wait to get all snuggled up with it in a little while!





Really looking forward to getting on with the other sock now, it's going to be good to have a whole pair, it's how they're meant to be!  Also feels like the hot water bottle has taken far too long.  I really only set out to do as a quick couple of days, stash busting kinda thing (yes, you have seen this wool before, twice, Rowan's aran cardi and Sarah's wristwarmers).  So job done!

Right, area to tackle tonight is work and money management.  All in all, when looking at the list I've prepared, I actually think this is one that I will find much easier.  Or maybe that just means it's less well thought out and I haven't been strict enough with myself!
  • Arrange and work 1-2 shifts a week, and not avoid work like the plague, and something I only occasionally, begrudgingly do.  
  • Be more budget conscious.  This is mainly solved by issues discussed elsewhere, like food expenditure.
  • Be more money organised - things like making sure my credit cards bills are paid promptly, and making sure that there's always adequate money in my bank accounts (as far as this can be done!)
  • No more luxury, un-necessary spending, such as wool, until at least my birthday at the end of February.  I will allow myself the occasional cinema trip (max 2 a month - there's so much on at the moment that I'd really like to see!) but that's it.  No DVDs, CDs, clothes, etc.  I don't really need these things, so I can do with out, keeping the focus on less financial stress nearer exam time.
And that was about all I could think of.  So hopefully I can stick to them. :)

I'm really excited.  My flatmate from last year is coming to visit over the weekend, and is staying with me for tomorrow night at least.  I haven't seen her in months, and I can't wait to have a really good catch up.  She's working as a doctor in Cambridge now, so she won't be getting here until quite late, so I apologize now if my posts are scant over the weekend, I don't want to be rude to my guest.  Have a good 'un everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy the hot water bottle lol!

    ReplyDelete